It's been almost 3 weeks, and I'm still having a lot of pain and buring sensations in my foot. It's like when I'd run for too long on it, only now I don't have to run to feel the pain. All I have to do is walk for 5 minutes. But maybe I'm expecting too much after only 3 weeks. It is supposed to be a 6 week recovery, and I imagine that mine will be longer since I haven't been able to stay off my feet as much as one should with this type of surgery.
I just have to keep reminding myself that the reason I had the surgery was becasue I couldn't run comfortably, and most of the time I was in quite a lot of pain. For those of you who haven't felt pain from Morton's Neuroma, it's a combination of burning, pressure, feeling like you have a sock bunched up under your toes, feeling like you are running on a rock, cramping, numbness, and more: really unpleasant, and somewhat unpredictable.
I have had this problem for many years, but the last two have been especially painful. Orthotics didn't work, cortisone and alcohol injections didn't work, PT didn't work, so I went with the surgery to remove the neuroma. I sure hope I get back to walking comfortably soon. I can't even think about running now. I just want to be able to walk comfortably for more than 5 minutes at a time!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment